Saturday, June 9, 2007

An Ode to Ryno

I am going to take a couple of moments to say something nice about Mr. Ryan Wright, my longtime John Street hetero companion/neighbor who is about to tie the knot in roughly 3 hours.
His future wife, Jennifer Diamond, seems to be a rather intelligent person...which leads me to wonder why she's marrying him in the first place. OK, so I had to get one shot in.
I remember MANY days in my childhood when Ryan and my brother Phil would tag along for many baseball games at DeJonge's house. He always seemed to be a happy kid growing up on the mean streets of south John Street. He's always been a solid member of the Outlying Ravenna Area League and here's hoping that some school district gives him a job soon.
I wish Ryan and Jennifer nothing but the best of luck and I hope this day provides them with a lifetime of memories!

With that out of the way, let me now say that the postings will still be a bit sporadic. I must say, however, that my least favorite ESPN trio has hosted a few Sportscenters this week--Scott Van Pelt and Larry Beil in studio, and Stu Scott at the NBA finals. I can't take that lineup any more. I also don't get why SC went to the lineup at the side of the screen...it works for PTI, a halftime rundown talking show. I really don't like it for SC at all.

Lastly, I have already managed to get to G & L once this week, and I plan on getting there a few more times this month. Love me some chili dogs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ryno is the man and he married a good looker.