Monday, September 3, 2007

RAFFLE draft wrap-up, part II

Here come the other 6, plus my season predictions...why wouldn't you read this?

7--Conklin Chucks (Josh)

Best pick--Marques Colston in 5th round, Isaac Bruce in 10th

What the 6? pick--LJ Smith in 7th Round..got caught up in a TE frenzy

Pivotal player--Tatum Bell...taken in 6th round, but with recent Kevin Jones early comeback news could put a real McGillicuddy into this pick.

Overall--Josh made the Peyton Manning move, taking him with the 7th overall pick. I like that, and I also like the fact that during golfing earlier in the day, he said he wouldn't take him. Well played, my friend! Josh's RB's are Cedric Bensen, Jerious Norwood, Ron Dayne, and Tatum Bell. He may need roughly 2,432 Manning TD's for a 3rd consecutive playoff appearance.

8--Moorland Mounties (dave)

Best pick--Daunte Culpepper in 12th round

What the 6? pick--Where to start...Romo in the 5th, Adam Vinateri in the 10th would be the top 2.

Pivotal player--See Romo, Tony.

Overall--WR's--Javon Walker, Chris Chambers, Terry Glenn, Joe Horn. Yikes.

9--Gooding Avenue Prospectors (Al-imony)

Best pick--Ladell Betts in 6th after getting Portis

What the 6? Pick--Another toughie...I would say Mark Clayton in the 9th

Pivotal player--Travis Henry

Overall--Al is aboard the Denver Broncos RB roller-coaster with Henry, but with Westbrook, Betts/Portis, and D'Angelo Williams, it might not matter. Will need big years out of his WR's (Lee Evans and Hines Ward) to ensure a playoff spot.

10--Bad Newz Kennels (BP)

Best Pick--Matt Leinart in 7th round (dang it!)

What the 6? Pick--Reggie Brown in 6th round, DeDe Dorsey (whoops) in 12th round

Pivotal player--Will first-round pick Laurence Maroney stay healthy all year?

Overall--A solid draft from BP, but counting on a lot of young players up and down his lineup. Will need rookies (Brandon Jackson and Anthony Gonzalez) to put together good years, along with 2nd year RB's Maroney and MoJo Drew to make it out of the WMC Brown division.

11 El Ocho Cincos (this guy)

Best Pick--I believe others would say Andre Johnson in the 5th round or LaMont Jordan in the 8th...I'm going to stick my giant head out on the limb as say Roethlischeeseburger in the 13th round.

What the 6? pick--Tony Gonzalez in the 6th round. Should have taken Calvin Johnson.

Pivotal player--Ronnie Brown...Trent Green better stay un-concussed and keep the other team off the line of scrimmage.

Overall--This was the first year that I actually like my team. I'll need Reggie Bush and Brown to be good & Brandon Jacobs to score some TD's....but obviously my season comes down to whether or not it was smart to wait until the 12th/13th rounds to take my QB's.

12--Southern Michigan Stallions (Tim and Wes)

Best Pick--Calvin Johnson in 6th round (dang it!)

What the 6? Pick--Plastico Burress in 5th round

Pivotal player--His WR spot (Plastico, Braylon Edwards, Calvin Johnson) seems a bit thin and Michigan-related.

Overall--Like the first 2 picks (McGahee and Rudi) a whole lot. Looks like Tim wanted to avoid the QB carousel that he was on last year, as he took McNabb and Losman in the first 7 rounds...possibly at the expense of his WRs.

Predictions....let's see how I do.

WMC Brown
I've got the Commish winning the WMC Brown, with Al and......BP coming out of the division. Josh has 2 straight playoff appearances. I can't imagine anyone else in Fantasy Sports possesses the ability to draft while inebriated better than he does... but BP has better RB's on paper. I think Al has the most balanced team in the division, and the Cog will get himself into the playoffs somehow via a favorable ruling from the Ambass. I have a bad feeling that my RB drafting decisions (Bush over McGahee, Brandon Jacobs over Marshawn Lynch, Ronnie Brown over MoJo Drew) will kill my squad this year.

WeWAC Magenta
I like Andy's team. He has the best WR's in the league...but Gore and McAllister at RB may be an injury issue. I see the last playoff spot in the Magenta coming down to the Neil Road neighbors...with Skot edging him out. I think the Ranch Hands are making it to the second season after winning the division, along with....the Stallions!!! I say Tim pressures someone with roughly 52,506 calls to make a key trade to keep the defending champion Snitches out of the playoffs, ensuring that the helmet trophy finds its way into someone else's basement next year.

Good luck to all, stay active, and someone introduce Dave to a computer so that his division doesn't have an unfair advantage of playing against his suck-A team twice.

No comments: