Wednesday, September 19, 2007

33...Rolling Rock and me

Sorry there hasn't been a post in awhile, and I hope people are still reading this...when I actually post something.
I turn 33 tomorrow. I'm not looking for presents, e-cards or even cake. I just sat back tonight and thought about some things that I've always taken for granted, and are beginning to slowly go away at this point in my life....

like always having reruns of the Simpsons and Seinfeld available from 5-7 o'clock...here in Cincy, they've been replaced by Raymond, Friends, and other equally mediocre and forgettable shows.

like being able to get out of a chair without 3 different body parts snapping and popping.

like always having a neighbor there for you.

like having people in a small town know who you are and wave out their window toward you as you drive by.

like looking forward to the next 9 at the Creeks, the next G&L dog, or the next Pubfish game.

like knowing that tomorrow you'll get to do what you want to after a long day.

like knowing that you feel younger than you are.

I have tried a lot in my adult life to make sure that everyone knows how much I appreciate them and a whole lot of people have done great things for me...there's a near-100% chance that if you are reading this, you've done me a favor and helped me in some way get to the point that I am at in my career and my life.

So, my birthday wish for everyone else is to know how lucky I am to have great friends and family and a wonderful fiancee who has been through a TON of crap during our relationship together.

Oh, and the Ocho Cincos are 1-1 to begin the season, thanks to a regrettable decision to sit Ben Roetehosliberger during Week 1.

No comments: