Friday, November 2, 2007

Put the Blame on Me

2 words--We're Sorry. Our Bad.

That's my apology for not keeping this current. But it's back, and I assure you, will stay updated.

Especially now that my good friend, the NBA, is back in town. I really really enjoy watching the NBA. I can't help myself.

Here's today NBA talk---I watched the Jazz-Rockets game last night. Lots of it. Can't get enough of Yao Ming looked simultaneously angry/hungry/sweaty at the same time. Anywho, here's what struck me as I kept watching it...the Jazz and the D are essentially the same team.

Follow me through the rosters.

PG--Billups and Deron Williams. Both rocked-up, inked-up, 6-3 points who can post up.
SG--Rip and Ronnie Brewer. Both 6-7, 159 pound guards who are below-average defenders.
SF--Tey-Tey and AK47. Both incredibly long, very good defenders who sacrifice some points and stats for the betterment of the team. Also both look like they could be alien life forms.
PF--Memo and Sheed. Both finesse forwards, very good 3-point shooters. Memo obviously a former Piston as well.
C--Dice and Boozer. The only spot where this comparison falls a little flat, but not much. Boozer is a much better rebounder at this point, and can get to the rim better, where Dice is more of a jump shooter and on the back end of his career.

Bench--Both have shoot-first backup guards (Flip and Matt Harpring), both have wing guys out of high school with high hopes that are still developing (Amir Johnson and CJ Miles), both have 2nd year slightly undersized power forwards who enjoy mixing it up (Mad Max and Paul Millsap).

So I really wasn't surprised to see TMac lighting up the Jazz for 41 last night. He might as well have been in his Orlando uni, doing the same junk to Rip 4 years ago in the playoffs.

Please keep coming back for more good stuff on my blog about random junk, and I'm beating the crap out of the Stallions this week in the RAFFLE.

No comments: