Monday, May 19, 2008

5-19-08 Hate List

As of today, here's my personal hate list. Everyone has one, it is always changing depending on what you are doing, where you are at, and possibly even what you are having for dinner that night.

#1--Many Ginobili. I name him this on purpose because there have been so MANY times while watching Spurs games that I've wanted him to suffer many injuries to many different parts of his body.
#2--Snow.
#3--People who don't use their blinkers
#4--Any Celtic. This includes Kevin Garnett, who is making his first appearance on this list; however, I'm really getting tired of the G2 commercial and I have a feeling I'm only going to see it more over the next 2 weeks.
#5--The gray hairs I saw during my last haircut
#6--Scottie Pippen. This may seem to be a bit odd, but after going through the 11-disc extravanganza involving the '89 Pistons, he gets named to this list 2 decades later.
#7--Robert Horry/Wally Sczazzberiak. Essentially the same dude at this point in their careers.
#8--Mark Jackson. Purely anticipatory; based on the Celtic Pride he displayed during Game 7. He sounded as if he were jockeying for a job interview if Doc would have been unemployed following a Celtic loss to the Cavs.
#9--Bill Simonson. He is on a Cal Ripken-esque consecutive weeks streak on this list.
#10--Storms that interrupt my DirecTV service while trying to watch G7 of the Spurs/Hornets series.

Oh, and Pistons in 6. They win G1 on the road, then everyone holds serve at home, with the D winning the series on its home floor. How sweet is it going to be to beat the Celtics, then play the Lakers in the Finals? Break out the short shorts and the Bad Boys skull and crossbones T-shirts!

2 comments:

Helly said...

You didn't say anything about Ginolbi's bald spot. Although I loathed him in the 2005 finals, I have to say that he is clutch, I will give him that. No way he was missing those FT's last night.

Anonymous said...

Helly I am enjoying your contributions to the Ravenna Ripper. Brian knows a lot about that and would enjoy your contributions as well if he saw them.
Beebe I like Bill Simonson or whatever his name is. The Huge show is quality entertainment. He might exaggerate a LITTLE bit occasionally, but overall good entertainment. Beebe if you don't call me when you come to town I will hunt you down like a dog.