Thursday, August 21, 2008

RAFFLE Travershamockery, R 3, V1

Alrighty, so everyone hates the Olympics. Sorry for talking.
Instead, I'll please the masses, be a sell-out, and do a mock 3rd round draft for a fantasy football league. Never thought I'd ever type that sentence in my life...

25-Trevor. Begins the 3rd round by pulling the trigger on DREW BREES

26-Justin. Wyant continues the Saints Train by taking MARQUES COLSTON.

27-Al-chemy. The Al continues the WR run by taking LARRY FITZGERALD

28-Nate Dogg. Everyone else is doing it...so Nate goes TORRY HOLT

29-TIMMY. I think he attempts to stick it to me by drafting FAT-@SS BRANDON JACOBS

30-BB. Peer pressure is a monster, so I, too, will grab a WR and go with SANTONIO HOLMES

31-Andy. After going RB-RB, he too jumps aboard the WR bandwagon and goes with ANDRE JOHNSON.

32-Helly. Jason, having went through half a box of Kleenex cleaning up his Manning-Wayne aftershocks, needs a RB and is just lucky enough to have RONNIE BROWN fall to him in the 3rd round.

33-Skot. I believe Skot is just enough of a man to take a Bengals WR, but both have been injured throughout the preseason. Nevertheless, I got Skot taking CHAD JOHNSON here. However, he may be offered a trade, because.....

34-Josh. Here's where potentially the most memorable moment of the 2008 RAFFLE Draft Extravaganza happens. Directly behind Josh is BP. You know, I know, we all know that they are both fully capable of taking a Detroit Lion ANYTIME. They may even attempt to call dibs on first Lion taken. There hasn't been a Lion taken at this point in the draft. MEGATRON is looming over everyone's head. I mean, this is the dude who has been called "LeBron in shoulder pads" this preseason!

I see this ending in a BIG ugly way as Josh rises from his chair, avoids an arm tackle from BP, stumbles to the white paper and writes...CALVIN JOHNSON!!

35-BPRUWITME. This throws BP into an immediate tailspin. In fact, I think he throws away his "Best NFC North Player Available" theory for the rest of the draft and begins to do semi-logical things, or at least as logical as he can be sitting next to D Smith, and takes WES WELKER.

36-D Smith. Dave, much like Helly, is RB-less right now...but with the giant run on WR in front of him, he too is lucky enough to have a very good one fall into his lap in the form of LAWRENCE MARONEY.

No comments: